Calculate your golf course handicap effortlessly with our advanced Course Handicap Calculator. Instantly determine your adjusted handicap based on course difficulty, slope rating, and personal playing abilities.
Course handicap formula
The formula for calculating a course handicap is as follows:
CH = HI x(SR / 113 ) + (CR – par)
- CH = Course handicap
- HI = Handicap index = The handicap index is a measure of a player’s potential ability
- SR = Slope rating = slope rating indicates the relative difficulty of a course for different levels of players
- CR = Course rating
- Par = number of strokes a golfer
- The number 113 is a constant representing the standard slope rating.
How to Calculate Course Handicap?
To calculate a course handicap, you need to know the player’s handicap index and the course’s slope rating
Here’s steps to calculate the course handicap:
- Determine the player’s handicap index
- Obtain the course’s slope rating:
- Use the following formula to calculate the course handicap: Course Handicap = (Handicap Index x Slope Rating) / 113
- Round the course handicap to the nearest whole number to obtain the final value.
For example: let’s say a player has a handicap index of 12.2 and is playing on a course with a slope rating of 128:
Course Handicap = (12.2 x 128) / 113 = 13.84
Rounding the course handicap to the nearest whole number gives a final value of 14.