Free online triple discount calculator – Calculate triple discounts effortlessly with our triple discount calculator. Determine the final price after applying multiple discounts to save big on your purchases.
|Double discount calculator||All finance calculator|
Triple discount formula
The triple discount formula is used to calculate the final price of an item after three successive discounts have been applied.
FP = OP * (1 – d1) * (1 – d2) * (1 -d3)
- FP = Final price
- OP = original price
- d1 = 1st discount in percentage
- d2 = 2nd discount in percentage
- d3 = 3rd discount in percentage
How to calculate a triple discount?
to calculate a triple discount, you need to:
- Write down the three discounts in percentage (eg: 10%)
- Find the amount of difference the 1 and each discount.
- Multiply together the three numbers = (1-d1)*(1-d2)*(1-d3)
- Multiply the result by the original price.
You’ve obtained the final price after three discounts.
Question:- Let’s consider an example of a triple discount: Original price: $100
Discount rates: First discount: 20%, Second discount: 10% and third discount: 15%
To calculate the triple discount, we’ll apply each discount consecutively:
- Applying the first discount:
Price after the first discount = $100 – (20% * $100) = $100 – $20 = $80
- Applying the second discount:
Price after the second discount = $80 – (10% * $80) = $80 – $8 = $72
- Applying the third discount:
Final discounted price = $72 – (15% * $72) = $72 – $10.80 = $61.20
Therefore, the final discounted price after applying all three discounts would be $61.20.
What is a triple discount
A triple discount is the method of applying three discounts to a price to determine the final discount price.
What is a 5% discount on 250
To calculate the discount amount:
Discount amount = 5% of $250 = 0.05 * $250 = $12.50
To calculate the discounted price:
Discounted price = $250 – $12.50 = $237.50