Free online capacitor joule calculator – Calculate capacitor joules effortlessly with our user-friendly online calculator. Input capacitance and voltage to determine energy storage capacity in joules.
|Kinetic Energy Calculator||joule calculator|
|Gravitational potential energy calculator||All Physics Calculator|
Capacitor joule formula
The formula to calculate the energy stored in a capacitor is:
E = 1/2 * C * V²
- E = Energy stored in the capacitor, measured in joules (J).
- C = Capacitance of the capacitor, measured in farads (F).
- V = Voltage applied across the capacitor, measured in volts (V).
How to calculate capacitor energy in a joule?
To calculate the energy stored in a capacitor, you need to know the capacitance of the capacitor (C) and the voltage applied across it (V).
Follow these steps to calculate the capacitor energy:
- Step 1: Determine the capacitance (C) of the capacitor.
- Step 2: Measure the voltage (V) applied across the capacitor.
- Step 3: Use the formula to calculate the energy (E) stored in the capacitor:
- Energy (E) = 0.5 * C * V²
Exercise – A capacitor with a capacitance of 10 microfarads (10 μF) and a voltage of 50 volts (V) is applied across it then calculate the energy(joule) stored in a capacitor.
Energy (E) = 1/2 * C * V²
Energy = 0.5 * 10 * 2500
Energy = 0.5 * 10 * 2500 μJ = 0.5 * 25000 μJ = 12500 μJ
So, the energy stored in this capacitor is 12,500 microjoules (μJ) or 0.0125 joules (J).