Force calculator for multiple units. Calculate force, mass and acceleration. Works with different units like lb, kg, g, N, lbf, N, kgf, kg, m/s2, N/m.
What is force
When any action(pull or push) which the body moves forward or backwards is called a force
Force is a vector quantity, meaning that it has a magnitude and a direction. The direction of a force is the line from the point of application of the force to the point where the force is being applied. If a force is applied on a body, a force of equal magnitude and opposite direction acts on the body. The direction of the force on a body is called the reaction.
A force can produce an effect on this:
- 1. It can change the state of rest or motion.
- 2. force can stop a moving body.
- 3. it can increase or decrease the speed of a body.
- 4. Force changes the shape and size of a body, when force is balanced.
- 5. It can change the direction of the motion of a moving body.
Force is an agent that produces acceleration.
Newton second law gives us the relation between force, mass and acceleration.
- f = ma
- f = force
- m = Mass of body
- a = Acceleration of body
SI unit is newton & CGS unit is dyne.
- 1 newton = 1 kg/m²
- 1 newton = 100000 dyne
- 1 newton = 0.001 Kilonewton(KN)
- 1 newton = 7.233 Poundal(pdl)