Calculate kinetic energy instantly with our user-friendly Kinetic Energy Calculator. Enter the mass and velocity of an object, and calculate its kinetic energy with just a click calculate button.
|Potential energy calculator||capacitor joule calculator|
|Gravitational potential energy calculator||All Physics Calculator|
Kinetic Energy Formula
The formula for kinetic energy is:
KE = 1/2 * m * v²
- KE = Kinetic energy of an object (unit – joules, kJ, c, btu, erg, ev)
- m = mass of an object (unit- kilogram, g, lbs, oz)
- v = velocity of an object ( unit – m/s, km/h)
How to calculate kinetic energy?
To calculate kinetic energy, Here are the steps to calculate KE:
- Determine the mass of the object
- Measure or calculate the velocity of the object
- Square the velocity by multiplying it by itself.
- Multiply the squared velocity by half of the mass.
check also – joules calculator
For example – if a car with a mass of 230 kg is moving at a velocity of 20 m/s, then calculate the kinetic energy of the car.
Mass of car = 230 kilogram
The velocity of car = 20 meters per second
Kinetic energy of car = 1/2 *m *v² = 1/2 *230 *20² = 46000 joules
What is kinetic energy?
The kinetic energy of an object is the energy that the object has due to its motion.KE is a scalar quantity, it has magnitude but not direction.
The SI unit of kinetic energy is the joule (J).